Re: Carl Scully is a thickhead

'Twas a dark and stormy night on Tue, 23 May 2000 23:55:25 +1000 as
billboltonREMOVE-TO-EMAIL@computer.org (Bill Bolton) took time out from the
neverending quest to rid the world of grues and wrote:

> "What a fool" kingpin "has made of himself".
>
> The design and intent of the line has nothing to do with Scully.
> Bruce Baird, he was the Transport Minister when the line was designed.

Well what is the point in having the airport link?  If it isn't for passengers,
what is it for?  It is far too expensive to use for regular commuters.  And it
stuffs up other lines due to a lack of rolling stock.  Then there is the
increased journey time for some commuters due to their trains diverting via the
new route.

The line should have dedicated single deck cars to transport passengers and
their luggage.  Doing this will ease road congestion in the vicinity of the
airport by removing a lot of cars, taxis and buses from that area.

I say close the bloody thing down, it will prove to be a white elephant if it
continues as it is now.

Catchya

   http://www.ozemail.com.au/~kingpin1