Re: [VIC] Closed Metcard Barriers

> >According to a high level person within Hillside trains, all Metcard
> >barriers on ALL Hillside stations will be installed (if not already) and
> >closed (only openable by ticket) by the end of July. All staff members
>
> Even the wide barriers, which I assume are for wheelchairs, etc?
>
> >will be issued with Touchcards and Yearly tickets will be replaced by
> >touchcards when thay become faulty.
>
> Touchcards?

When will the staff be issued with touch cards?

We expect to issue all employees with Touch cards around July with year
when we plan to close all ticketing barriers in the network.

What are touch cards?

They are called Metcard Xpress, and operate the barriers/validators
using the yellow contact area.

--

Chris Gordon

http://www.railpage.org.au/vicsig