Re: [VIC] Closed Metcard Barriers

On Wed, 24 May 2000 20:52:45 +1000, Chris Gordon
<cmgord@alphalink.com.au> wrote:

>What are touch cards?
>
>They are called Metcard Xpress, and operate the barriers/validators
>using the yellow contact area.

Have you ever seen one? Do they work reliably?  I was under the
impression that Metcard Xpress had been abandoned due to unreliability
(based on something I read in this newsgroup).

If they do work properly, are they quicker to use than the normal
cards?  Would they work in a bus or tram?

Can we ever expect them to be isued as monthlies, etc?

Peter Shute