Re: [Qld/WA] QR SMU go to Transperth??

Barry Campbell wrote:

> Colin Weaver wrote in message <3929134C.9C429B2@powerup.com.au>...
> >I'm particularly interested by the platform being built on the dual
> >guage line at Park Road.  AFAIK this is the first QR platform anywhere
> >on dual guage - showing the way toward an eventual dual guage Browns
> >Plains / Greenbank line (yeh - wishful thinking).

> But what is it  for then, and what goes between it and the other new
> platform face which faces the same direction (ie trains to the west of a
> north-south aligned platform). Does anyone know the new layout.

it's going to seperate the Cleveland line traffic from the
Beenleigh/Gold Coast stuff. As it is now, City-bound Cleveland trains
often have to wait for City-bound Beenleigh trains to clear the station,
and so on. Adding an extra island platform will eliminate this.

Removing the diamond crossing on the Cleveland side of the station won't
hurt, wither.

I'm guessing that the Beenleigh trains will now follow the dual guage up
to South Brisbane.

> Barry Campbell

Rob K