Re: [QLD] Park Road Station??

"Rob Kearey" <robk@powerup.com.au> wrote in message
3929C344.5A5BA6C1@powerup.com.au">news:3929C344.5A5BA6C1@powerup.com.au...
> it's going to seperate the Cleveland line traffic from the
> Beenleigh/Gold Coast stuff. As it is now, City-bound Cleveland trains
> often have to wait for City-bound Beenleigh trains to clear the station,
> and so on. Adding an extra island platform will eliminate this.

How will it eliminate it? There are still only two tracks to Roma Street .

> Removing the diamond crossing on the Cleveland side of the station won't
> hurt, wither.

The diamond crossing won't be removed. As far as I am aware, the new layout
will only be for city bound trains ex Beenleigh. The diamond is on the
outbound line.

> I'm guessing that the Beenleigh trains will now follow the dual guage up
> to South Brisbane.

There is no platform on the dual gauge at Vulture Street.

I don't know the purpose of the dual gauge platform at Park Road except for
the couple of trains that run express from Yeerongpilly to Park Road.

Seems an expensive exercise for little benefit. Reported cost is around $13
million for two new platforms and a new station, footbridge lifts etc.