Re: [QLD] Park Road Station??

In article <392CEB79.C8E10E1A@melbpc.org.au>, John Duncan
McCallum <mccallum@melbpc.org.au> wrote:
>pdwyer wrote:
>>
> In article <392b5614.0@galaxy.globec.com.au>, "Graham Watkins"
> <gwatkins@globec.com.au> wrote:
>
> >I don't know the purpose of the dual gauge platform at Park
> Road except for
> >the couple of trains that run express from Yeerongpilly to
Park
> Road.
> >
> >Seems an expensive exercise for little benefit. Reported cost
> is around $13
> >million for two new platforms and a new station, footbridge
> lifts etc.
>
> Well, from what I've seen, the new road runs off the Up
Southern
> Main, across the down, and meets up again at Dutton Park.
>
> This allows a slip road, for Beenleigh and Gold Coast trains to
> bypass anything on the Up Main platform.
>
> One of the reasons for the increased cost is that the Dutton
> Park relay interlocking is to be replaced with a Computer based
> one. This will facilitate any further alterations to the area.
>
> Obviously, if QR could have four lines from Roma st to Park Rd,
> such as Roma St to Corinda and the Northgate Quad, more
services
> could be fitted in.
>
> The slip road also helps trains from Beenleigh & the Gold Coast
> to bypass trains on the Dn Main at Park Road.
>
> Seeya!
>>
>For the benefit those persons reading this thread that (like
me) are
>unsure of which direction if UP and which is DOWN in this area,
could
>someone
>please elucidate?
>Thanks

John,
     It's always UP to the border (Sotuh or West) and Down AWAY
from the border (North).

So an Up train can run from Caboolture to Ipswich, and a Down
train can run from Beenleigh to Ferny Grove.

Ferny Grove is the only confusing one in Brisbane, it's not
considered to go towards the border.

Seeya!