Re: [QLD] Park Road Station??

John Duncan McCallum <mccallum@melbpc.org.au> wrote in message
392CEB79.C8E10E1A@melbpc.org.au">news:392CEB79.C8E10E1A@melbpc.org.au...
> pdwyer wrote:
> >
>  In article <392b5614.0@galaxy.globec.com.au>, "Graham Watkins"
>  <gwatkins@globec.com.au> wrote:
>
>  >I don't know the purpose of the dual gauge platform at Park
>  Road except for
>  >the couple of trains that run express from Yeerongpilly to Park
>  Road.
>  >
>  >Seems an expensive exercise for little benefit. Reported cost
>  is around $13
>  >million for two new platforms and a new station, footbridge
>  lifts etc.
>
>  Well, from what I've seen, the new road runs off the Up Southern
>  Main, across the down, and meets up again at Dutton Park.
>
>  This allows a slip road, for Beenleigh and Gold Coast trains to
>  bypass anything on the Up Main platform.
>
>  One of the reasons for the increased cost is that the Dutton
>  Park relay interlocking is to be replaced with a Computer based
>  one. This will facilitate any further alterations to the area.
>
>  Obviously, if QR could have four lines from Roma st to Park Rd,
>  such as Roma St to Corinda and the Northgate Quad, more services
>  could be fitted in.
>
>  The slip road also helps trains from Beenleigh & the Gold Coast
>  to bypass trains on the Dn Main at Park Road.
>
>  Seeya!
> >
> For the benefit those persons reading this thread that (like me) are
> unsure of which direction if UP and which is DOWN in this area, could
> someone
> please elucidate?
> Thanks

Down towards Roma St. Up towards Fish island/Cleveland. Up towards
Yeronga.Up from Yerongpilly to Corinda and West. Basically the direction are
reversed on the north side to the south side. That is trains from the north
are up trains to Central and remain up trains if they continue through.
Trains from the west are down trains through central and beyond.