Re: [NSW] AC traction motors for Tangara's?

The key word here is "claimed" nowadays spelt "HYPE"

this was in fact a claim made without research, which is always running a
big risk!

Remember that the old Railway Transportation, on the basis of a caption,
managed to establish the 60 class as "the most powerful locomotives in the
southern hemisphere" which was another case of making a claim without
researching the facts.

Tony Bailey

Jonathan Lau wrote in message <39181440.7D061499@ozemail.com.au>...
>If I recall, the Silver City Comet train (Parkes to Broken Hill) was
claimed to be the first train in