Re: [NSW] AC traction motors for Tangara's?

I'm not an electrical engineer, but is this possible?
Obviously they couldn't convert everything overnight, so for a period of
time they would either have AC motors running on a DC supply, or vice-versa.

Perhaps they could fit on-board rectifiers to enable DC units to run on an
AC supply?

How economically viable is it to convert the system over to AC? Cost versus
benefit?

--
David Martin
Web Developer