Re: [NSW] AC traction motors for Tangara's?

Humid, yes.
Hot, no. Hong Kong never gets 40 degree celcius heat :-)

However it was I think slightly unreasonable to say that they're all A/C by 1980. Any underground
system you will find has either fan forced air or "real air conditioning". Seeing our City
underground stations date back from early this century (we're still in the 20th century)...i doubt
that air conditioning even existed back then!!!