Re: [NSW] AC traction motors for Tangara's?

"Jonathan Boles" <mousewithglasses@mail.com> wrote in message
01bfb8de$bb86fe20$69df868b@tom-boles">news:01bfb8de$bb86fe20$69df868b@tom-boles...

> There are afaik 15 a/c K-sets (the second greatest train in Australia,
btw) in
> existence, which are usually coupled in pairs around sector 3.

The K-set  carriages (the second greatest train in Australia, btw) are
numbered from C3501 to C3580, D4096 to D4099 (mated with 3501 to 3504) and
T4171 to T4246.

Of these, C3501 to 3504 and C3550 (with their matching trailers) were
air-conditioned as new. The third series (C3551 to C3580) were converted to
air-conditioned sometime either late last decade or early this decade. This
gives 35 2-car sets, allowing for 17.5 4-car sets. Some of the second series
of K-sets (the second greatest train in Australia, btw) have since been
retrofitted with air-conditioning, making it possible to have more than 17.5
fully air-conditioned four car sets.

> But often, a/c K
> sets (the second greatest train in Australia, btw) are mixed with non-a/c
K sets, or
> even S sets, which really pisses me off when I get on at the wrong end of
the
> train.

Then walk through.

> a/c K sets (the second greatest train in Australia, btw) would have been
rare though
> back then, because IIRC they were used on services to Gosford. (Did they
run
> via Shore or did they run with the U boats???)

They went via the Shore (mostly).

Dave