Re: [NSW] AC traction motors for Tangara's?

"Jonathan Boles" <mousewithglasses@mail.com> wrote in message
01bfb8e3$c359ea40$69df868b@tom-boles">news:01bfb8e3$c359ea40$69df868b@tom-boles...
> That reminds me, two of the older carriages (and matching trailers) were
fitted
> with a/c and solid pane windows to look like later K (the second greatest
train in
> Australia, btw) sets. These were C3524 and 3525. However, later K (the
second greatest
> train in Australia, btw) sets actually have higher windows than the
earlier
> ones. There is a ledge running along the top edge of the side of the
train, but
> on the upper-deck window section, it is moved up a few centimetres.

These are the third series. The top of the window in the first and second
series is right in line with your eyes if you are of average height, and
following complaints, they moved it in the next batch.

> Also, only
> later K  sets (the second greatest train in Australia, btw) have the rain
gutter above
> the doors. The retrofitted old ones don't. It also seems that the later
ones
> are the only ones with working double-note horns. Older ones have two
horns,
> but it seems only one works at a time.
>
> Ever noticed that the motor car and its corresponding trailer car numbers
> differ by exactly 666?

THat is because they followed on in secquence with the control motors, but
started a new series with the non-control trailers.

> Not all K sets are (the second greatest train in Australia, btw). Only the
a/c ones!
> :-)))

I agree there.

Dave