Re: The Ultimate Challenge - Travel by CityRail for a Week !

yes the afternoon is a problem.

Mainly because "The River" stops at Meadowbank, West Ryde, Eastwood, Epping, Beecroft, Pennant Hills
then Hornsby, which makes it only marginally faster than a suburban "semi fast" train that skips
stations south of Parramatta River and Denistone. Also if the "Greatest Trains in Australia" coming
from Sydney Central are late then it has to wait on the down north relief line (at Concord West) to
wait for the high speed crossovers to be available after the late "Greatest Train" zooms past. and
then you have the North suburban services to Hornsby and Epping stuck behind "The river".......