Re: OT transport 92000 MCG spectators

"James C" <noemail@emailsux.com> wrote in message
397a30c8$0$11136$7f31c96c@news01.syd.optusnet.com.au">news:397a30c8$0$11136$7f31c96c@news01.syd.optusnet.com.au...

> I always wondered if is possible to build a station near Melbourne Park ?
> Since there are frequent events held either there or MCG on the oppsitte
> side. Trams really can't handle that amount of crowd and run shuttle
> services from FSS to Jolimont can be difficult especially while turning
> around, people lives in the Eastern, Southern and Northern  suburban
prefer
> a through train anyway...(Broadmeadow/Lilydale/Frankston direct to
Melbourne
> Park)

You could, but then you would be stuck with all the people in the one place
very quickly. As it is now, with some people walking to Jolimont, sme
walking to Richmond, some walking to Flinders St (mainly after a win, so
they are on a high), some catching the tram, the crowds get dispersed, so
you don't get the same concentration of people.

Dave