V/line have nothing spare as well,

Craig Haber <albatross@harnessnet.com.au> wrote in message
3979A94D.D3073F3C@harnessnet.com.au">news:3979A94D.D3073F3C@harnessnet.com.au...
> Hi,
>
> James C wrote:
>
> > Funnyhow I recalled there was a thread few month ago saying V/line have
> > plenty of spare carriages....but I doubt the accuracy of this
information as
> > V/line recently refurbished 4 compartment style carriages(BS216-219) for
> > usage, they must be in short of rolling stocks.
>
> No, V/Line have *nothing* spare.  BS216, (and 217?), 218 and 219 have been
in
> traffic for yonks - they were not returned to traffic recently.  I think
BS215
> and an ACZ are currently under refurbishment, to provide additional
capacity.
> Our race train this year had a BCZ because there were no ACZ's available.
> V/Line are running a lot more services than was the case a couple of years
back,
> carriage, loco and sprinter utilisation is very high.
>
> Regards,
> CH.
Sounds like they really shouldn't let go of Bluebirds.......and how would
they manage to serve Leogatha, Mildura and give Echuca more frequent
service? these 3 destination would require extra rollingstocks.

If NExp hires Redhens for Stony Point and Warragul services(with decent
seats and a/c also higer operational speed) that will release some carriages
and locos for V/line. IIRC GNR have plenty of Redhens in Bendigo.

Cheers
James