Re: [NSW] Not enough rolling stock.......

Hi,

James C wrote:

> Funnyhow I recalled there was a thread few month ago saying V/line have
> plenty of spare carriages....but I doubt the accuracy of this information as
> V/line recently refurbished 4 compartment style carriages(BS216-219) for
> usage, they must be in short of rolling stocks.

No, V/Line have *nothing* spare.  BS216, (and 217?), 218 and 219 have been in
traffic for yonks - they were not returned to traffic recently.  I think BS215
and an ACZ are currently under refurbishment, to provide additional capacity.
Our race train this year had a BCZ because there were no ACZ's available.
V/Line are running a lot more services than was the case a couple of years back,
carriage, loco and sprinter utilisation is very high.

Regards,
CH.
--
Craig Haber