Re: Bayside Trains performance

ajmbrook@ozemail.com.au (James Brook) wrote in
<397985B5.D1D723A3@ozemail.com.au>:

>I use the Broadmeadows line to go into the city and the service is
>pathetic. Trains are cancelled on a regular basis or they run late. A
>typical announcement from Bayside Trains is "The 5.27 Broadmeadows train
>will not run this evening due to a lack of qualified staff".

I've always wondered why the 5:27 is cancelled over 75% of the time. It's
not often that I do catch this, but when I do, I've found it not running
more often than not. (It's also the only PSR express tabled on the
Broadmeadows line in the whole day).

>In addition
>to the poor service they are also filthy.

Yes. I always check my seat for syringes now. It looks stupid to people,
but I'd rather that than sit on one, as has been reported enough times now.

>When the trains were under
>government ownership there was no where near this amount of
>cancellations and the trains were a lot cleaner.

In the case of Bayside, agreed, though Hillside have kept their part of the
bargain quite well ... so far.

>Personally I think the
>people who complain about Connex should travel on a Bayside train and
>see how bad our service really is. Although Connex isn't perfect, there
>doesn't seem to be as many cancellation announcements and the trains
>appear to be a little bit cleaner. Kennet's arguments that privatisation
>would increase competion is rubbish. If I don't like Bayside Trains, I
>can't exactly catch a Connex train instead.

Hillside are doing quite well. In the past 12 months, I've not once
encountered a cancelled Hillside train on the Hurstbridge line. Maybe I'm
lucky. 3 days ago, a Bayside train ex Broadmeadows was 12 minutes late by
Glenroy - I ended up catching a taxi instead, as I knew the train would get
stuck behind others for the City Loop stakes, hence missing my connection
at Flinders Street (normally 11 minutes apart).

National Express have shown an apalling regard for their passengers IMHO.
Not only with Bayside Trains, but also V/Line passenger and Swanston Trams.

Regards,

Michael

--
Michael Kurkowski [email: michael DOT kurkowski AT gunzel DOT net]

http://www.gunzel.net
ICQ: 1459118

etc etc etc. apathy prevents me from writing this quote.