Re: Bayside Trains performance

David Guymer wrote:

> As a past railway worker and current passenger of Bayside Trains, I
> strongly feel that they have dropped the ball. I have come across some
> very smelly trains, cancellations and serious overcrowding in the last
> three days. (Yes I have let them know.)
>
> As the line I live near (St. Albans) is close to one of the major growth
> areas of Melbourne, the level of service also needs revision. (Not NE's
> fault.) The cancellation of a peak hour service on a line with a
> frequency of about 15 minutes at that time has disastrous effects.
> (1200? angry passengers).
>
> Comments in the Connex thread seem to indicate where NE are getting
> there standards from.
>
> Any Other horror stories of Bayside trains?
>
> David G.

I use the Broadmeadows line to go into the city and the service is
pathetic. Trains are cancelled on a regular basis or they run late. A
typical announcement from Bayside Trains is "The 5.27 Broadmeadows train
will not run this evening due to a lack of qualified staff". In addition
to the poor service they are also filthy. When the trains were under
government ownership there was no where near this amount of
cancellations and the trains were a lot cleaner. Personally I think the
people who complain about Connex should travel on a Bayside train and
see how bad our service really is. Although Connex isn't perfect, there
doesn't seem to be as many cancellation announcements and the trains
appear to be a little bit cleaner. Kennet's arguments that privatisation
would increase competion is rubbish. If I don't like Bayside Trains, I
can't exactly catch a Connex train instead.

--
- James Brook -

e-mail:
mailto:ajmbrook@ozemail.com.au