Re: Bayside Trains performance

James Brook <ajmbrook@ozemail.com.au> wrote in message
397985B5.D1D723A3@ozemail.com.au">news:397985B5.D1D723A3@ozemail.com.au...
> David Guymer wrote:
> >
> > As a past railway worker and current passenger of Bayside Trains, I
> > strongly feel that they have dropped the ball. I have come across some
> > very smelly trains, cancellations and serious overcrowding in the last
> > three days. (Yes I have let them know.)
> >
> > As the line I live near (St. Albans) is close to one of the major growth
> > areas of Melbourne, the level of service also needs revision. (Not NE's
> > fault.) The cancellation of a peak hour service on a line with a
> > frequency of about 15 minutes at that time has disastrous effects.
> > (1200? angry passengers).
> >
> > Comments in the Connex thread seem to indicate where NE are getting
> > there standards from.
> >
> > Any Other horror stories of Bayside trains?
> >
> > David G.
>
> I use the Broadmeadows line to go into the city and the service is
> pathetic. Trains are cancelled on a regular basis or they run late. A
> typical announcement from Bayside Trains is "The 5.27 Broadmeadows train
> will not run this evening due to a lack of qualified staff". In addition
> to the poor service they are also filthy. When the trains were under
> government ownership there was no where near this amount of
> cancellations and the trains were a lot cleaner. Personally I think the
> people who complain about Connex should travel on a Bayside train and
> see how bad our service really is.
I am a frequent Connex Rail user, I never complaint about Connex, actually
I'm please about Connex, around 1998 just before the privatisation there
were many cancellations, train break downs as well, but Connex clear up the
problem.

>Although Connex isn't perfect, there
> doesn't seem to be as many cancellation announcements and the >trains
> appear to be a little bit cleaner.
Yes, there are less graffities, and the trains looked frequently cleaned.
Bayside trains are smellier, dirtier and are frequently late.
Also Bayside didn't put logos on every single train set, you still get to
see <the Met> logos on some of the Bayside trains.

Whereas Connex did put logos on every single train set despite their logo:
<Hillside trains> is rather short life.

 Kennet's arguments that privatisation
> would increase competion is rubbish. If I don't like Bayside Trains, I
> can't exactly catch a Connex train instead.
if Connex purchase Bayside in the future, then you would get Connex on
Broadmeadow line as well. And this does make sense, it would stream line the
management for Connex and other mode of public transport and more user
friendly for the public, simplify planning(such as resignal, radio system
ect).

Cheers
James