Re: QR and Photographers

To put it simply, platforms are open to the public and as long as you are
obeying the rules and you aren't disturbing others, the railway companies
shouldn't harass you. The whole problem is caused by railfans who don't obey the
rules. These individuals ruin it for everyone else. If a railfan is disturbing
others and not obeying the rules then I think the railways should throw them off
the station.

pdwyer wrote:

> > Imaging if a group of tourists just got of  Kuranda's tourost train
> >and about to take photos, and staff tells them to stop taking photo
> >and leave the station immediately.
>
> This is so petty. Kuranda is a tourist station. Otherwise it'd be
> closed :-)
>
> So therefore, staff expect people to be attempting to photograph every
> square inch of the place, and are on the look out for their safety.
>
> Consider it part of the ticket price.

Kuranda is not just a "tourist station". It is a fully working QR station that
sees regular freight trains as well as the daily tourist trains. If they allow
photography at Kuranda, then they should allow it everywhere else.

--
- James Brook -

e-mail:
mailto:ajmbrook@ozemail.com.au