Re: QR and Photographers

pdwyer wrote:

> Speaking of which, photographing QR trains and slapping large Copyright
> notices across them also draws lots of negative press towards
> photographers.

On my site I have photos of Victoria's railways and I put a copyright notice in
the corner. I have tried to make it as small and unobtrusive as possible, but if
I don't put it there then someone could use it and say they didn't know there
was a copyright on the image. (With a smart lawyer they could probably do that
anyway, but it's better than nothing!) If I photograph a train its my photo and
I hold the copyright, not QR, FV, ASR or any other operator. So if QR don't like
amateur photographers, too bad because we are here to stay. Even if they throw
us off stations there are still bridges and level crossings to take photos
from!

--
- James Brook -

e-mail: