Re: QR and Photographers

Kevin Green (kgreen@powerup.com.au) won a Nobel Prize for literature by writing:
> Today at Bowen Hills I was confronted by a member of the Railway Squad and
> asked what I was doing on the station, I said I was taking pictures of
> trains (which was what I was doing), he then said he THOUGHT I was taking
> pictures of the graffiti on the trains, I said I wasn't and he then proceded
> to search my bad for Spray Paint and then asked if I had a ticket. So I
> showed him my pass and he said that I'd better leave the station now and go
> home before I got myself into any more trouble.

> Is taking pictures of trains at a railway station now illegal in Queensland
> or something????

I had a similar problem at Roma St in 1992. Some officious git said that
it was illegal to take photos of railway property without permission. I
asked if this applied to the multitude of people who were taking photos of
relatives in front of the Sunlander on an adjacent platform, and he told
me not to get smart. When I asked who I had to see to obtain permission,
he said he wouldn't tell me unless I was from the media.

Cheers
David