Re: QR and Photographers

In article <86dit1$l7s$1@nnrp1.deja.com>, thalytgv@my-deja.com wrote:

> Put all the legal stuff aside still give QR(or any rail
> operators)no rights to stop people from photograph trains, or search
someone's bag and ask someone to leave the station.

"Let me ram my head up my backside & still be right" ;-)

1. Under the Workplace Health and Safety Act, QR has a duty of care to
its employees and customers to provide a safe environment.

2. On a platform, QR's customers are expected to board or depart trains.

  If you aren't part of this merry circus, you have NO business on a
platform.

3. Technically, unless you have a ticket, you also have no right to be
on a platform. Your mere prescence increases the level of risk to other
paying QR customers.

When you combine this with attempting to photograph trains from inner
city stations, the rate of risk to legitimate paying customers.

4. The government does not pay QR to look after you. You pay to use the
trains. If you just want to look at the pretty trains, do it from a
place where you can't affect other people.

> Imaging if a group of tourists just got of  Kuranda's tourost train
>and about to take photos, and staff tells them to stop taking photo
>and leave the station immediately.

This is so petty. Kuranda is a tourist station. Otherwise it'd be
closed :-)

So therefore, staff expect people to be attempting to photograph every
square inch of the place, and are on the look out for their safety.

Consider it part of the ticket price.

> It seems to me the problem is with some of the staffs from
> citytrain, who desn't know what is "Railway Enthusiast".

No, the problem is with railway enthuiasts who believe they have a god
given right to do whatever they please, no matter how dangerous or
stupid that is. (Not just photography).

As others have pointed out, Asking beforehand would be nice. (and can
get results).

Consideration for other members of the public would be nice.

Carefully selecting the venue for your hobby would be nice.

Acknowledginf that the world does NOT revolve around you would be nice,
but we can't have everything ;-)

Seeya!