Re: QR and Photographers

> 2. On a platform, QR's customers are expected to board or depart
trains.

>   If you aren't part of this merry circus, you have NO business on a
> platform.
>
> 3. Technically, unless you have a ticket, you also have no right to be
> on a platform. Your mere prescence increases the level of risk to
other
> paying QR customers.
>
> When you combine this with attempting to photograph trains from inner
> city stations, the rate of risk to legitimate paying customers.

This 2 regulations(especially the later) really contradicts what QR did
recently, QR  promot Springbluff, Toowoomba, Kuranda, Barron Fall,
Freshwater as tourist spots to local councils, all these 4 stations
have relatively frequent train services and they all rely on people
visit the platform not necessary take a train,

As for Kuranda, the reason I mentioned it was beacuse its signal box is
part of the attraction in Kuranda, and there are other attractions over
the otherside of the station that you have to access the staion facitity
(Overbridge).

and Barron Fall(Just before Kuranda) you have to get to the platform in
order to see the waterfall.

SpringBluff, you have to across the rail tracks, platform in order to
get to the graden, no passenger service stops at Springbluff anymore,
how can you get a ticket?

Toowoomba and Freshwater station, part of the attraction is the
platform! Does that means you have to buy a "Westlander" ticket, in
order to visit  Toowoomba station? (furthermore Westlander departs at
rather inconvinent time).

James

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.