Re: QR and Photographers

Chris Stratton wrote:

> <snip>
> >
> In July 98 I spent the whole day photographing, mainly at Yeerongpilly and
> Corinda, but also at Park Road, Dutton Park and a couple on the platforms at
> Beenleigh and South Brisbane. A lot of the time I was on the platforms,
> especially at Corinda using the bridge and ramps to get shots on different
> lines. During the whole day I was not approached once and asked what I was
> doing.
> --
> Regards,
> Chris Stratton
> Wollongong, NSW, Australia
> Remove NOSPAM if replying.

In July '93 we visited Brisbane - I was just on 18 and my brother 16. Both of us
took many photos at stations, and of trains (some of the latter being used on
Locopage). I don't recall there being any problems with staff. We even managed
to get a guided tour of Redbank workshops.

More recently, in Occtober last year, I went out to the Melbourne Freight
Terminal, after leaving work early due to computer problems. While I was in the
visitors car park, reading loco numbers at a distance using a pair of
binoculars, an NR employee came up to me and told me that if I wanted to take
_photos_  from this car park, I would need to get permission first. Yet, some
months previously, I had gone into the office, and upon enquiring, was told I
could come into this car park - with no mention made of permission being
required.
No doubt the fact that I was wearing suit and tie, and carrying a briefcase, had
him puzzled - he probably didn't expect gunzels to dress like this :-)

John
--
John Cleverdon, B.App.Sc. (Cartography), AMMSIA
Computer Operator, Beveridge & Williams, Melbourne, Ph: 0428 533 792 (B)