Re: QR and Photographers

> > Today at Bowen Hills I was confronted by a member of the Railway Squad
and
> > asked what I was doing on the station, I said I was taking pictures of
> > trains (which was what I was doing), he then said he THOUGHT I was
taking
> > pictures of the graffiti on the trains, I said I wasn't and he then
proceded
> > to search my bad for Spray Paint and then asked if I had a ticket. So I
> > showed him my pass and he said that I'd better leave the station now and
go
> > home before I got myself into any more trouble.

> > Is taking pictures of trains at a railway station now illegal in
Queensland
> > or something????

Depends on the weather.....

Strange, staff at Bowen Hills never care and sometimes have a chat. I carry
an envelope of
assorted photos I'm not too worried about with me in the backpack to prove
my story.
Just don't pull too much camera gear out at once at Roma St during busy
times.
(but they seem to leave you alone if something interesting is there, last
example being the last loco-hauled
citytrain set. All that week they left me alone, understanding for a change
why a railfan was there)

Enjoy
john

John Boxall