Trams of Australia
Built at Randwick Tramway Workshops in 1906/07 the H class were purpose built as tourist cars for the City - Bondi/Coogee and City - La Perouse/Botany services which used cross country connecting lines between the major trunk routes. Tourist services were also provided between the City and Watsons Bay Signal Station and Mosman Wharf -The Spit/Gore Hill/Milsons Point Wharf. The demand for tourist services fell off over time and these services were suspended in 1914. After 1917 these cars operated in regular traffic from Rushcutters Bay depot, generally between Clarence Street City and Kings Cross.