Re: CityRail Urban Myths (Was How can we make trains run later?)

Upon my last trip to Sydney, the passengers seemed to be the most
inconsiderate pigs in the country. In Victoria, we let people out before
getting into the train, and it's a system that works very well, and 80%
of the time people actually do this. In Sydney, it's supposed to happen
but doesn't.

Arriving at Central one afternoon, I stood in the doorway of a Tangara
and as soon as it opened, I was nearly pushed back by all the people
barging in.

My Solution(tm): Push straight through the arrogant pigs forcing their
way in, knocking one sort of off balance. Simple, effective, and he did
mutter something to me. Other people gave me dirty looks.

And despite the lack of an extra door, people wonder why it takes so long
to load/unload a train in Sydney where (mostly) in Melbourne it's quite
fast an efficient.

I will say, Melbournites have a habbit of congregating in the doorways
when there is ample aisle space (particularly in Comengs). There has been
at least once, where there has been aisle space available to stand on a
comeng, but the doorways were that full that no-one could get into the
train. This was the dn. BMS, ex FSS at 17:26 (I attempted to board at
NME). FYI, the 17:26 dn. BMS ex. FSS is the only afternoon express
service (running express from NME-MPD).

REgards
Michael

FYI,