Re: How can we make trains run later?

I think that the main reason for our laterunning trains (apart from
signalling "problems") is purely the fact that passengers ignore
announcements and whistles.  If I waited for every passenger who yelled at
me I could spend my whole day at platforms.  When you couple this with those
who think forcing doors is fun,  those who put one leg in and one leg out
while shouting to their friends to hurry up and especially those who,
despite numerous announcements and mostly clear indicator boards, still feel
the need to ask you several times whether this train will stop at their
station.  I think the locking door motors will be an interesting experiment.

Jane

Thomas Fothergill <s370507@student.uq.edu.au> wrote in message
37e9e6ee@vk4lw.caboolture.net.au">news:37e9e6ee@vk4lw.caboolture.net.au...
> nice to hear shittyrail have got their act together and followed a QR
> Citytrain initiative (excuse me if theres another in Aus who thought of it
> first), as far as i see it, i dont think this system is a problem with
your
> late running trains, as QR have had similiar systems in place for a few
> years now, and majority of services are well on time up here.  So i
wouldnt
> go blaming safety systems for NSW incompetance!  I always laugh at the
lack
> of times on indicator boards, anouncements, etc. when i go down there.  is
> cityrail train ever on time?? *shrug* dont ask me, but the small sample i
> have taken from the batch doesnt really support the negative arguement!
If

7sbtl2$6g7$1@nnrp1.deja.com">news:7sbtl2$6g7$1@nnrp1.deja.com...