Re: How can we make trains run later?

Jane Campbell wrote:

> I think that the main reason for our laterunning trains (apart from
> signalling "problems") is purely the fact that passengers ignore
> announcements and whistles.  If I waited for every passenger who yelled at
> me I could spend my whole day at platforms.  When you couple this with those
> who think forcing doors is fun,  those who put one leg in and one leg out
> while shouting to their friends to hurry up and especially those who,
> despite numerous announcements and mostly clear indicator boards, still feel
> the need to ask you several times whether this train will stop at their
> station.  I think the locking door motors will be an interesting experiment.
>
> Jane

When I was a guard, I did the announcements blew the whistle and shut
the doors.
Those morons that do the above would then promptly get out of the way.
If there was anyone holding the doors open gothe the following:
"Attention please passengers particularly the person holding open the
doors on the 7th car, this train will not move until all the doors are
close. I,ve got all day and I'm getting paid for it." The doors would
promptly shut and if this happen a few times other passengers would take
action. All delays on the delay slip attributed to passengers.

I bet they don't teach that in the "new age" guard schools.

rgds