Re: Exhibition Street Bridge and City Link

: Are you telling me that in "real time" the image of the number plate of
: the car is digitised, and then checked against the e-tag?  Whilst
: advances in technology is amazing, I can't believe that.  If that is the
: case then it would indeed be most impressive, and I can understand the
: difficulties that CSC are having in meeting the requirements.

Yes, that can be done quickly, and if there is any problem reading the number
plate then it is just made ok and checked later by a person.  If there is
any problem like car not linked to e-tag then a fee is payable and a letter
sent.  If the e-tag is stolen then the photo of the car is handed to police

--

Chris Gordon
http://www.ecr.mu.oz.au/~cmgord

e-mail: cmgord@ecr.mu.oz.au