Re: Tram collision on Princes Bridge

: : At the opening of the new tram section, the then  premier announced that
: : the new road would be named Batman Ave.  AFAIK, the naming has not yet
: : taken place, and presumably won't until the former one is closed.

: The old one is now closed.  It closed about 1-2 weeks ago.

I better get this correct.  The section from Swanston Street to about Metrol
is closed.  The section from Metrol to Swan Street is open as a dead end road.
This will be closed on Monday when the new bridge is opened to traffic
(toll free).  There will be only access from Swan Street to Batman Avenue
(new one) which will take you to Flinders/Exhibition Street.

I also noticed that the traffic lights for the Trams at the bottom of the
bridge are turned on.

Last I have heard it will be opened on Monday.  (Kennett wasn't going to
open it till next Year when southern link opened)

--

Chris Gordon
http://www.ecr.mu.oz.au/~cmgord

e-mail: cmgord@ecr.mu.oz.au