Re: Exhibition Street Bridge and City Link

In article <7v036s$hr9$2@mulga.cs.mu.OZ.AU>,
  cmgord@ecr.mu.oz.au (Christopher_Martin GORDON) wrote:
> The transmission back is alright, it is just not having the *full*
> information before the e-tag is out of range.  (Back to the tolling
> computer just being too slow).
>
> Think about all the checks it has to do each time your e-tag is
scanned.
> * Check e-tag (stolen, active etc)
> * Car size
> * Number Plate (then check it with a list with that e-tag)
> * Money in account
>
> All that in about 1 second.

Are you telling me that in "real time" the image of the number plate of
the car is digitised, and then checked against the e-tag?  Whilst
advances in technology is amazing, I can't believe that.  If that is the
case then it would indeed be most impressive, and I can understand the
difficulties that CSC are having in meeting the requirements.

JD
--
John Dennis
Home of the Dutton Bay Tramway