Re: Bombala (was Re: NSW country rail lines upgrade)

In article <3812A617.A4F5E5DF@enternet.com.au>,
  Chris Brownbill <cbrnbill@enternet.com.au> wrote:
> Sounds about right.  I understand that CMR have now restored beyond
Bunyan north
> to Chakola.  The big prob to further extensions though is the Chakola
trestle
> bridge.

As a matter of interest, how many timber bridges (and approach
formations) still exist on lines which carry "regular" traffic? (

The Illawarra line is clear of these isn't it?

Is it the current practice to replace timber rail carrying structures?

Do RAC repair timber structures or do they just replace them with
concrete?

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.