Re: Extra Blacktown platform (was: St Leonards, NSW)

Harland Sanders <not@accepting.mail> wrote in message
8E68B9343--go-colonel--@137.111.222.196">news:8E68B9343--go-colonel--@137.111.222.196...
> daproc@spambait.umpires.com (Dave Proctor) wrote in
> <7uqu5j$6t7$1@news1.mpx.com.au>:
>
> >there are other things you failed to mention ... Blacktown has an
> >extensive bus/rail interchange, Hornsby has none.
>
> Umm, have you been to Hornsby?

Yes - the interchange is half the size of Blacktown.

> >And what is so onerous about terminating services? You close the doors
and
> >go up to the yard. All you need is a station assistant to assist with
> >checking the train is empty.
>
> Umm, have you been to Hornsby?

Yes.

> >That is an operational thing and is easily sorted with a few extra
station
> >staff to help check terminating trains, and if they were to employ guards
> >with balls (to close the doors and get going, rather than waiting for
> >people running down the stairs to try and catch an already late train).
>
> Most terminating trains are not checked by staff, since they go off to
> the yard and come back <30mins later as an up service.
>
> The problem is getting a path out of Hornsby to the yard.

So leave anyone on the train and make them wait until it comes back - will
make them listen to announcements next time.

> >I am not familiar with the layout of Hornsby yard
>
> Really?

Not the new layout, after resignalling.

--
DaveProctor