Re: Out of Gauge Suburban EMU's in Sydney (Was DOO In Sydney)

WhaleOilBeefHooked wrote:

> They do not regularly run out-of-gauge trains in these areas. As I said, the
> Tangarbages are only out of gauge with the doors open. They do not run with
> the doors open, so it never comes up.
>
> BUT, if they are out of gauge with the doors open, and the doors only open
> out a couple of inches, then they will be out of gauge with mirrors that
> protrude more than a few inches. These mirrors would be next to useless for
> DOO usage.
>
> DaveP

Series 2, 3 and 4 Commeng car and the Tulloch Trailers are considered
wide bodied rolling stock. (OMET 114 for those employees who have it)

"Wide width rolling stock of the type:

Tulloch traliers				4799-4920

Comeng series 2/3/4		3741-3765	4001-4095
	"			3858-3986	4921-4987

are prohibited from operating outside the Metropolitian area bounded by
Helensburg, Macarthur, Emu Plains and Cowan.

It then goes on that other selected trains may go beyond.

>From what I can see the size diffference is very small, aprox 10mm each
side, so if they are going to run medium width trains (series 4 s sets k
sets c sets t etc) with mirrors,they are going to have to have to have
very small mirrors.

rgds
rgds