Re: DOO In Sydney?

Eric Cartman <erk_cartman@yahoo.com> wrote in message
939440253.933570@diddley.primus.com.au">news:939440253.933570@diddley.primus.com.au...
> Hi all
> Tangaras do run on regular services beyond the Sydney Metro area to:
>
> Port Kembla/Dapto (Illawarra)
> Wyong (Short North)
> Springwood (West)

I know all of that - but you missed my point - I know for a fact they are
out of gauge with the doors open beyond the wide-electric area - I know this
is beyond Cowan and Emu Plains - I was not sure about where it finishes on
the Illawarra.

> With regards to mirrors, I think that they might be close to being out of
> gauge (depending on the type of train and/or mirror used) but I'll leave
> that to our ng friends who are train crew to confirm that.

If opening the doors puts them out of gauge (and they only pop out a couple
of inches) a mirrir would have to be VERY tiny to keep it in gauge.

> Eric

DaveP