Re: Out of Gauge Suburban EMU's in Sydney (Was DOO In Sydney)

"WhaleOilBeefHooked" <daproc@spambait.umpires.com> wrote:

> I thought of that - but that would involve more engineering - extra wiring,
> extra machinery, more cost.

But very significantly less cost than loading gauge adjustments.

Various retractable rear view schemes are used on road vehicles, so it
probably not even particularly difficult or expensive "engineering" to
put it on a CityRail rail vehicle... if in fact a rear view mirror
approach is of any use at all, which I personally doubt.

Cheers,

Bill