Re: Use of new QR SMUs

Colin Weaver wrote in message <7bi120$rgq$1@nnrp1.dejanews.com>...

>> Wrong. The third line should be extending through to Lawnton and the
>> existing double track from Lawnton to Caboolture will be bi-directionally
>> signalled.
>
>Lawnton?!  Shows that you should always check your facts before posting,
>that is the last place I would have expected the triplication to run to!
>
>I checked the press releases of the previous (Borbidge) government, and
>was able to find two references to the North Coast line upgrade.  Both
>seem to indicate that the triplication is intended to eventually run as
>far as Petrie.

The original plans were to run the third road right to Petrie. It was going
join up with the Down side stabling road (which is never used) and rejoin
the Down Main short of the Down platform. Seems QR may not have
wanted to fork out for a bridge for the Pine River. That's the only reason
it's
merging at Lawnton.

Regards

Matt Smith