Re: Use of new QR SMUs

Colin Weaver wrote in message <7bg4h5$62b$1@nnrp1.dejanews.com>...
>Since the Gold Coast line opened, there has been considerable
>agitation from the Sunshine Coast for a similar level of service
>on the Nambour/Gympie line.

That's one of the reasons the north coast Trainlink bus service was
implemented to serve the Caloundra/Maroochydore area. I think this is only
an interim step until a railway is possibly established.

 I think we're likely to see a
>substantially improved Landsborough / Nambour service sometime
>in the next few years, once track capacity permits.  If this
>occurs, it would follow the Beenleigh / Gold Coast pattern
>with an all stations service to Caboolture, and a limited
>express serving stations beyond Caboolture.

Actually, I think the service will probably be more of a Caboolture -
Landsborough shuttle service based on the Rosewood style
timetable. It solely depends on passenger numbers. If the Caloundra
branch ever gets built, then a through service would almost be a certainty.

>QR is investing quite a bit of money on the north coast line at
>present: quadruplication to Northgate,

Correct.

 triplication from Northgate
>to Zillmere,

Wrong. The third line should be extending through to Lawnton and the
existing double track from Lawnton to Caboolture will be bi-directionally
signalled.

Regards

Matt Smith
Brisbane, Queensland
Reply to matticue@hotmail.com

Note the correct use of "if", "should",  "maybe" and "possibly" to
satisfy GOD.