Re: New Signal Panel at Ringwood

: >And Williamstown, set for arrival, then the points change and the signal
: >clears.  Only switched in when there is a problem or two Up's or two Down's
: >in a row.  (Remote controlled from Newport 'A')
: >
: Last time I visited Newport box, I was told they switch Willie in for 30
: mins during the a.m. peak because a train splits there. However, this was
: still in the days of The Met so I'm not sure if this working is still
: carried out. I recall a rather lengthy thread about uncoupling Comeng's in
: service. Bayside may have abolished this move. Can someone comment please?

Yes the 0905 arrival from Flinders Street it splits and becomes the two
3 car sets to run the shuttle till the evening peak.
(That is what I ment by two Up's in a row)

: >The interesting thing about Sandringham and Lilydale is the departure
: signal
: >doen't clear until it is time to depart as it protects a level crossing.

: Maybe the driver does a similar thing at Sandringham and Lilydale. Can
: someone clarify this operation please?

In Victoria we have 5P key switches around from level crossings to return
the signal to normal (stop) if there is any problem.

Who pushes the button for the train to depart?  Someone in the station.

Lilydale is a little stupid the hours work out to be in/out/in/out the whole
day, why not just stay switched in.

Does Upfield have any auto operation?  for the single line from Gowrie.

--
Chris Gordon
http://www.ecr.mu.oz.au/~cmgord