Y2K Fears to Stop Cityrail Trains

The NSW Transport Minister Carl Scully has announced that trains will stop
at 11.45 pm on New Years eve and resume at 12.15 am in the city underground
area, probably quite a sensible idea if one is not sure about the
reliability of power supply and signalling, particularly with underground
stations.   He's more confident than me that they will resume at 12.15, if
there's a bug about it will take more than 15 minutes to find it and fix it.

Meanwhile I guess Geoff Kennett's privatised Hillside and Bayside will be
compliant, Melbourne's system seems to have had enough bugs recently to
disrupt  the service without Y2K.  Don't worry Melbournians, I heard that
they have invested in a couple of cans of Mortein to spray around the
computer room on New Years Eve, so you should be all right on the night.

Regards
David Bennetts
Canberra