Re: Y2K Fears to Stop Cityrail Trains

> Meanwhile I guess Geoff Kennett's privatised Hillside and Bayside will be

Errr JEFF? not Geoff :)

> compliant, Melbourne's system seems to have had enough bugs recently to
> disrupt  the service without Y2K.  Don't worry Melbournians, I heard that
> they have invested in a couple of cans of Mortein to spray around the
> computer room on New Years Eve, so you should be all right on the night.

    I think our system is still pedal powered, and as far as I know, y2k
only afftects computers...   :-)

    Anyway, if the pedal falls off or something, why not just run only one
really long train on each line.  That way there is less/no chance of
collisions and signals wouldn't matter.  This just means that everyone has
to catch it at once!   ~:-)

regards,
Steven Hurst
My Broadmeadows line website at: