Metrol (was: Y2K Fears to Stop Cityrail Trains)

On Tue, 27 Jul 1999, David Bennetts wrote:

> Meanwhile I guess Geoff Kennett's privatised Hillside and Bayside will be
> compliant, Melbourne's system seems to have had enough bugs recently to
> disrupt  the service without Y2K.  Don't worry Melbournians, I heard that
> they have invested in a couple of cans of Mortein to spray around the
> computer room on New Years Eve, so you should be all right on the night.

The recent Metrol failures have occured due to the system being moved from
Batman Ave to Level 5, Turkey House.  Apparently, all *should* be OK now.

Personally, I fail to understand why the "real" excuse was not used when
explaining why the trains stopped.  Hillside & Bayside just said, "Oh, the
computer went down again, but this time it was in peak hour.  Hopefully it
won't happen again".  -  Why not tell the truth???

Gareth.

 Gareth Lumsden     s9763278@minyos.its.rmit.edu.au    glums112@yahoo.com
 Gareth's Railway Web Page        http://minyos.its.rmit.edu.au/~s9763278