Re: ARTC Vic Train Control

>Absolutely correct , and it begs the obvious question .
>Why dont we simply run all the BG trains on the west line , and leave the East
>line for SG trains only , ie is there so much BG traffic between Brooklyn and
>Newport that BG trains just have to run on both the East and West lines.
>This way , the only common bits are the loop from Brooklyn to
>Tottenham , and the back road thru Newport.
>Cant do much about either of those.

Totty B to Brooklyn could be track circuited and become Brooklyn yard
limits. The track around Newport would remain as is - Newport yard
limits. SG trains would run Totty to Brooklyn on signal indication;
Brooklyn to Newpoort ASW; Newport to Galvin BP ASW. This is no
different, operationally, to Maroona where it is ASW each side but
under the control of a signaller when open. At Brooklyn the West line
could continue straight ahead to become the Sunshine line; the east
line curve to form the Totty line and a BG crossover from the Totty to
the West line (& yard). Maybe then we could raise the track speed from
15 km/h to 40, 50 or maybe even 60!!!!!!

Cheers

Krel

Just another eccentric crank.