Re: ARTC Vic Train Control

On Fri, 05 Feb 1999 03:33:40 GMT, krel4203@netconnect.com.au (Krel )
wrote:

>Hi Rod,
>>Gidday Tony!
>>                       might be some truth in it mate! Last several trips to
>>Dynon on 9692 / 9691 have been bloody awful!
>>Depart Wodonga Coal Sidings at 1210 hrs about 70 mins early and sit in
>>Wodonga Loop till timetabled  departure time, then wait another 30 mins
>>because a very late running Narc, is almost at Chiltern.
>>Sit at McIntyre for 2 hours, because no roads available Nth Dynon. We
>>normally try to get down to Melbourne before they put TNT together , or we
>>sit at McIntyre till it departs. Train was bushwhacked here and they opened
>>a couple of containers of Dog food , which cost me another hour! As I
>>departed all these people started throwing stuff into the 5'3'', some were
>>jumping off and others were trying to get on....???? Train Control was not
>>helpful, in fact he deserved a kick up the arse or worse, his attitude was
>>bloody awful!
>
>Whether we like it or not ARTC attitude is that healthy (on time)
>trains have all rights over unhealthy ones (early or late). TNT is due
>to depart at 1750, 9692 due to arrive at 1830. Holding you at Chiltern
>instead of extra time at McIntyre makes no difference to your arrival
>time in Melb. ARTC view an early arrival as bad as a late one. That is
>why we get 100 km/h superfreighters stuck behind 80 km/h empty grain
>trains whilst they shunt Dooen - "sorry Drive, He's healthy, you're
>not.".

That does't explain the delay at Wodonga Loop on the up working, where
Rod explains he was held due to alte-running "Narc".  If what you say
is the case that train should have waited for the Up at Chiltern - and
become even later - whilst Rod's train remains "healthy".

Cheers...JD
John Dennis                         jdennis@acslink.net.au
Melbourne                                  denjo02@cai.com
Australia                   Home of the Dutton Bay Tramway
DBT URL:       http://www.acslink.net.au/~jdennis/dbt.html