Re: ARTC Vic Train Control

Hi Rod,
>Gidday Tony!
>                       might be some truth in it mate! Last several trips to
>Dynon on 9692 / 9691 have been bloody awful!
>Depart Wodonga Coal Sidings at 1210 hrs about 70 mins early and sit in
>Wodonga Loop till timetabled  departure time, then wait another 30 mins
>because a very late running Narc, is almost at Chiltern.
>Sit at McIntyre for 2 hours, because no roads available Nth Dynon. We
>normally try to get down to Melbourne before they put TNT together , or we
>sit at McIntyre till it departs. Train was bushwhacked here and they opened
>a couple of containers of Dog food , which cost me another hour! As I
>departed all these people started throwing stuff into the 5'3'', some were
>jumping off and others were trying to get on....???? Train Control was not
>helpful, in fact he deserved a kick up the arse or worse, his attitude was
>bloody awful!

Whether we like it or not ARTC attitude is that healthy (on time)
trains have all rights over unhealthy ones (early or late). TNT is due
to depart at 1750, 9692 due to arrive at 1830. Holding you at Chiltern
instead of extra time at McIntyre makes no difference to your arrival
time in Melb. ARTC view an early arrival as bad as a late one. That is
why we get 100 km/h superfreighters stuck behind 80 km/h empty grain
trains whilst they shunt Dooen - "sorry Drive, He's healthy, you're
not.".

>Made an official complaint to the Senior T.C. and was told it was all done
>in Adelaide now and it would get worse. Next day departed Dynon at 0450,
>again early and sat at Donnybrook for the XPT, and everything else that they
>could throw at me, including a  light 81. Could have got to Tallarook,
>without holding anybody up.

Isn't it odd that VLF drivers complain about train control favouring
other operators, and NRC drivers complain about train control
favouring other operators, and Countrylink drivers complain about
train control favouring other operators, and ASR drivers complain
about train control favouring other operators, and GN drivers complain
about train control favouring other operators. It seems to be the only
thing that we all agree on ;-).

Cheers

Krel

Just another eccentric crank.