Re: ARTC Vic Train Control

Tony Gatt wrote in message <36B6C6E0.D042BA77@eisa.net.au>...

But there won't be. To travel from Tottenham B Box to Newport, the driver
>> will have to call Centrol, who will then have to contact Adelaide for a
>> Train Order.
>
>That sounds a bit far fetched to me. Why would centrol still exist if it is
no
>longer the train control centre?
>If that was the case, they could just keep centrol and issue the train
order
>from there.
>
>I would be checking that out..
>

>Thanks, Tony.

Gidday Tony!
                       might be some truth in it mate! Last several trips to
Dynon on 9692 / 9691 have been bloody awful!
Depart Wodonga Coal Sidings at 1210 hrs about 70 mins early and sit in
Wodonga Loop till timetabled  departure time, then wait another 30 mins
because a very late running Narc, is almost at Chiltern.
Sit at McIntyre for 2 hours, because no roads available Nth Dynon. We
normally try to get down to Melbourne before they put TNT together , or we
sit at McIntyre till it departs. Train was bushwhacked here and they opened
a couple of containers of Dog food , which cost me another hour! As I
departed all these people started throwing stuff into the 5'3'', some were
jumping off and others were trying to get on....???? Train Control was not
helpful, in fact he deserved a kick up the arse or worse, his attitude was
bloody awful!
Made an official complaint to the Senior T.C. and was told it was all done
in Adelaide now and it would get worse. Next day departed Dynon at 0450,
again early and sat at Donnybrook for the XPT, and everything else that they
could throw at me, including a  light 81. Could have got to Tallarook,
without holding anybody up.
       Seems to me that I don't want to work on this bloody job
anymore...now where else can I make this sort of money............
Rod ;-}