Re: ARTC Vic Train Control

As things stand at the moment - NE control (ch.6) controls the NESG
and Tottenham - Brooklyn (dual gauge) and Brooklyn - Newport East
line. SAS control (ch 2) controls Newport - Pyreneees (& Portland).
Metro control (ch8) controls Sunshine - Brooklyn and Brroklyn -
Newport (west line).

So, for example, an SG freight departing NRCs MFT yard first contacts
NE control with the train load details. NE then passes this info on to
SAS control. The train then contacts the yard tower who contacts West
Tower who contacts NE control who contacts SAS control who agrees on a
path and then NE control contacts metro control who advises Totty B,
Brooklyn and Newport boxes. After West Tower is advised that a path
exists, he then clears the signal for the train to depart. While all
this is happening the train crew change to SAS mode and contact SAS
control ready for an authority. After departure we then contact
Operation control to give train load and departure delay details.

A BG freight running from the NE to Geelong has a similarly
complicated system. They run under NE control (to Albion); Metro
control (Albion to Brooklyn); Metro OR NE control from Brooklyn to
Newport (depending on which line) then SW control from Newport.

A light engine running from LPC to Goninans runs under West Tower,
NESG, Metro and NESG again to run just 11km. NESG has to get
permission from SAS control for the move as there is no crossing loop
between Totty and Manor.

>>> A goods running from Dynon to North Geelong would be under the control of
>>> Centrol, except for Tottenham to Newport. That's the stupid part.
>>>
>>> If they took over the NE as well, as was stated, Centrol would have to
>>> contact Adelaide to release the entry to the Apex siding at Kilmore East.

AIUI Geelong control has to get permission from SAS control to shunt
the Elders siding near Corio. What is the difference?

>Issuing train orders though from Tottenham Loop to brooklyn / Newport is total
>stupidity , even if ARTC wont / cant improve the SG beyong Newport ,
>they could at least install a simple version of ATC from Totty Box to Newport
>or even to the SCT siding, this way BG trains wouldnt  need to have drivers
>qualified in ARTC Train orders and Freightcorp SG trains to the siding wouldnt
>need to learn train orders either.

I have a plan - track circuit from Totty B to Brooklyn (about 1.5km),
install three position signals and call the whole thing "Brooklyn yard
limits". Track circuits protect against opposing moves and any train
failures are simplified ("just release the brakes and roll back to my
home stick, driver").

>I presume that ARTC trains orders are the same as ex AN trains orders.

At least at this stage - ARTC everything is the same as AN everything.

Cheers

Krel

Just another eccentric crank.