Re: ARTC Vic Train Control

David Bromage wrote:

> Tony Gatt (tgatt@eisa.net.au) wrote:
> > That sounds a bit far fetched to me. Why would centrol still exist if it is no
> > longer the train control centre?
>
> A goods running from Dynon to North Geelong would be under the control of
> Centrol, except for Tottenham to Newport. That's the stupid part.
>
> If they took over the NE as well, as was stated, Centrol would have to
> contact Adelaide to release the entry to the Apex siding at Kilmore East.
>
> Cheers
> David

Are you all positive that Newport to Brooklyn would be controlled from Adelaide?
As the line is dual gauge, I would think that Adelaide (or wherever SG Control is
located) would be involved only for a SG movement. BG movements would surely be
under the Centrol as the signalmen at Newport and Brooklyn would take care of any
conflicts.

John McCallum